Tuesday 28 April 2009

Worst battle ever

Assalamualaikum wbt

Monday was my 10th round. It was a very hard battle, a trauma I would say. Something I've never experienced in this marathon so far.

I remembered Dr Morley telling me before that a lot of patients on a long course treatment of chemotherapy do find it extremely difficult to cope when it comes to their last 3-4 doses. He's not lying.

Yesterday was by far my worst treatment ever. I was among the first to arrive in the morning, and literally the last to leave. It was my longest day ever, as my chemotherapy only finished at 530pm.

I was feeling sick the first moment I set foot onto the ward, and it just got worse from there on. When Sandra the nurse injected the first drug in (doxorubicin), I vomited. For the first time ever, I had to hold a bowl next to me for the initial 15 minutes. I knew doxorubicin would be the worst of the 4 drugs, as it gives me this horrible taste in my mouth. The next worse one is the dacarbazine, which gives a stinging sensation down my arm.


Doxorubicin : My worst enemy

By the end of treatment, I felt so drained out that the only thing I can think of is going to bed. To make things worse, I was retching so much all the way home. Luckily I managed to hold myself from vomiting again.

Ya Allah, what a battle this was. My worse KO so far. How bad can the remaining two rounds go? Only Allah knows!

2 more hard battles to go. At least I know Allah will provide me with an extra strength for my last dose, insya Allah.



Wassalam

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ganbatte!!!

MSI said...

Salam wbt

Mas, ganbatte!!

LAwan tetap lawan...

Unknown said...

Just two more!!!!