Tuesday 26 January 2016

The Drs In My House......




"Let's see who gets to become Dr. first......I want to get my Doctorate before turning 30....." I still remember this conversation between Afzal and Jep, in 2009, when Jep got accepted to pursue his PhD in Melbourne, Australia.  Today, eventhough I qualify to claim there are two Drs in my family, only one now grace my life.

26th January marks the 33rd birthday of Dr. Mas Jaffri, who is now a lecturer at the Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, University Putra Malaysia. He may not be a medical doctor like Afzal, but I suppose the field he is lecturing in can be considered a close relative of medicine. As a matter of fact, his thesis titled "Chitosan nanoparticles as a delivery vehicle for [14C]-doxorubicin and the formaldehyde releasing prodrug AN-250" sounded very "medicine" to me.


Life can be a mystery at times because it sometimes unfold in a manner quite illogical to our mere human mind. For instance, my husband did Economics in the university and I did Creative and Descriptive Writing ( a relative of Mass Communications! ).....however, all of my five children pursued their tertiary education in Science subjects - Food Science, Biotechnology, Mathematics and Animal Science! Alas, Allah is so fair and all-knowing...nevertheless, I'm glad all of them retain their creative gene - they all love music......

To all parents whose children are medical doctors, I share your pride in them. I also pray Allah gives them the strength and perseverence to endure the many challenges that come with being a medical doctor. I remember on his graduation day in July, 2009, when I asked him right after the ceremony, if being a doctor has now sinked into his mind, Afzal said "...not yet, wait till the first day of work..."




Well Jep, you may be a father first and a PhD holder aka Dr. second, plus, your daughter sometimes says "papa why are you so crazy?". but to me you will always be just my lovely son. May you continue life under Allah's guidance and always strive for His acceptance and rewards.....Happy Birthday!!

.....Mama Afzal.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are back. So sweet. Please do updates this blog with more stories.

Unknown said...

Perkenalkan, saya dari tim kumpulbagi. Saya ingin tau, apakah kiranya anda berencana untuk mengoleksi files menggunakan hosting yang baru?
Jika ya, silahkan kunjungi website kami www.kumpulbagi.com atau www.facebook.com/kumpulbagi/ untuk info selengkapnya.

Di sana anda bisa dengan bebas share dan mendowload foto-foto, music, video, filem dll dalam jumlah dan waktu yang tidak terbatas, setelah registrasi terlebih dahulu. Gratis :)

Robert Clark said...

Very informative blog info, i like this services.

Sound Energy
How to Relieve Stress
How to Increase Your iQ
Masaru Emoto
Improve Concentration
Theta binaural beats
sleep better
gamma brain waves

AFIQFAKHRI said...

Assalamualaikum Auntie,

Years ago when I was still a student in secondary school (2008), I was among those struggling to consider my future plans. One day, abang Atif Abdullah introduced me to this blog. He said, "maybe you'll find inspiration here." And I did auntie. I followed this blog as a silent reader. Little by little my interest grew. Yes, abang Afzal (in ways he may not have realized) inspired me to consider taking Medicine. I am now a 4th year medical student in Al-Azhar University. May every little deed of kindness that I do in my path, the berkat goes to him who inspired me eight years ago. I pray to everyone who inspired me, for them to gain the saham of kindness.

May Allah bless him auntie. And may Allah bless you for sending abang Afzal through you to me.

Anonymous said...

Waalaikumussalam Afiq Fakhri.

Alhamdullillah. I pray that you will succeed and graduate as a medical doctor, practising your skills, helping others in need. Comments such as yours are what keep me from quiting this blog. Many times I question myself as to whether I am doing justice to Afzal's beautiful blog by penning my stories...and I keep telling myself, there are many more stories about him that I hope to hear through this blog. There is so much that I don't know about him, outside of what he declares to his family. Stories from his friends and non-friends who are readers of this blog means so much to me. It brings me closer to the other side of his life that does not bother to boast to his family.
I hope you will strive hard to be good at what you do and pray that Allah guide and protect you all the way. Be passionate about being a doctor, not because it will put food on your table, but because you choose to be that selected special individual who is in a position to help others, medically.
Take care....Mama Afzal.

muna said...

Assalamualaikum wbt.
Selamat Hari Raya maaf zahir batin, Pn dan keluarga.
Please continue writing ya? Tq.

muna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AFIQFAKHRI said...

Assalamualaikum Auntie,

How are you doing? Today while I was doing the dishes, I suddenly remembered abang Afzal. I didn't realize that I miss him. I felt like I owe him and you a huge thank you.

3 years ago I wrote here, asking for your prayers. Here I am, already graduated from medical school in March this year, and currently doing my internship in Cairo while applying to work in UK.

Thank you for your prayers and faith in me. Please keep making your prayers to me as I will for you and abang Afzal. I still have a lot to do. Please pray that I'll be strong enough to face this journey alone.

Anonymous said...

UT/UT/UT/UT/UT/UT/UT/UT/UT/UT