Thursday 22 January 2009

Today and tomorrow

Assalamualaikum wbt

Alhamdulillah, I hope I've had the toughest times post-chemo behind me now. My body's reaction to the chemotherapy has definitely been much different this time as compared to previously. I felt so much weak and lethargic even from day one. I'm surprised myself at how much rest (READ:SLEEP) I actually needed to starve off the ill-effects of the drugs.

Not only does it affect me physically, being bed-bound has in some way affected me emotionally too. It is definitely depressing not being able to do what you wish to do. I'm sure Jep must have been You-tubing some of the 'how-to-compose-yourself-against-your-mengada-ngada-brother'. He would have usually given me the stick for my rather passive demeanour, but so far he hasn't. I guess he knew that I would never intend to behave in such a manner.

Anyway, I'm feeling a bit better now, especially after treating myself to Jep's delicious Beef Stew. I need to get myself fit enough to walk to the Medical School tomorrow for two important matters. Firstly, for my GMC registration. Secondly, for a BIG result. A result I frankly don't look forward to, but I believe Allah has set out His best plans for everyone, and I should therefore be ready to accept it regardless of its outcome. Insya Allah.

Wassalam

2 comments:

PakTam said...

Assalamu`alaikum wm.

TAHNIAH. Seronok dapat berita genbira tentang Afzal lulus dalam exam. Alhamdulillah, Syukur kepada Allah SWT. Segala usaha dan tawakkal Afzal telah mendapat balasan yang baik.

In the meantime, hang on till you complete your treatment. Insya Allah you will get through this. Allah tetap akan turunkan pertolonganNya bagi hambaNya yang bersabar menerima dugaanNya.

Take care both of you!

Love,
~PakTamMakTamAinul~

MSI said...

Semoga sembuh cepat dan oleh main ping-pong dengan kitorang